Thursday 19 May 2011

Amateur Dramatics

Still not completely sure how I feel about this.

One half of me thinks, yeah brilliant!
A hobby, an interest, confidence building, raising self esteem, working as a team, a positive influence, fulfilling dreams and aspirations, a productive past time which gives others joy.... blah blah blah.

I get it. I really do. Good luck to those that are involved and get up and do it, putting their heart and soul into fantasy and role play, doing something positive with their lives.

But... the other half of me thinks....

At what point did you think it would be a good idea to get up on stage and make yourself look like a complete twat in front of family and friends as well as complete strangers, knowing that regardless of your talent (or lack of it) your friends and family would congratulate you after each performance telling you, how bloody wonderful you were sweety darling!

Maybe I should give it a go and see what all the fuss is about...

1 comment: