Friday 2 September 2011

Girls night out - tbc...

My hangover is managable. I went into damage limitation mode at about 1.30am, which meant for the next two and a half hours I was on water and diet coke. I think this was partly due to being old and partly due to pure fear of not being able to move from my bed for hours the next day.

The evening started well (?) when we walked out from the underground station and realised that the first drinking extablishment we were aiming for was no longer there!



John F Hunt had decided to demolish it! Or maybe he was just the bloke who put some plastic around the scaffolding. Anyway, as you can imagine, this threw us into all sorts of disarray. Then the female decision making process was initiated...

- So what now?
- Dunno
- Where shall we go?
- Well, whats near here?
- Not sure
- Shall we stay here or get back on the tube?
- We could walk
- Where to?
- Dunno
- Shall we go in the pub round the corner?
- What pub? Oh yeah, ermmm...
- Do you think its ok?
- Of course it is. What do you expect? Cowboys & Aliens?
- No! But, have you been in there before?
- No, have you?
- No.
- Lets just go for one and then move on.
- Ok
- Or shall we go straight to CG?
- Dunno, what do you wanna do?
- I don't mind. What do you wanna do?
- I don't mind. I do need a wee though.
- Me too. Right ok, lets go in there then, come on.

Based on the need to empty out bladders, we sat ourselves down in the bar and ordered  the wine.

To be honest... I can't be arsed to type anymore... I am tired and hungry. I need to have a nap and source some relatively plain food. This going out malarky is hard work these days! I will continue later....

2 comments:

  1. This is exactly what it sounds like when I ever go out with the fiancee and more than one of her lady friends. In the end, the bladder always wins.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hangovers are so not the best thing to happen :( and well, when one got to pee, the whole group got to pee!

    ReplyDelete