I am NOT your typical science teacher. I am an exception to the rule...for the following reasons...
- I do not wear a lab coat. (Although I do have one, and occassionally wear it when I don't want crap all over my clothes.)
- I do not wear glasses. (Although I do have contact lenses and I do wear my glasses at home sometimes.)
- I do not look like a geek. (Define geek... and I am very ditsy.)
- I do not have strange crazy hair. (I have dark brown hair, but am now a fake blonde... with straight hair. Not for long though... going back to dark brown.)
- I do not act like a 'Mad Scientist'. (I am mad, and I am a scientist, but I am not a mad scientist.)
- I do not carry test tubes and chemicals around with me. (I did once take home a newton meter and some 10g weights by mistake. Oh, and iodine.)
- I do not like dissecting frogs. (I do not like dissecting anything, but I do it for the children, to make their future brighter. It was sheep eyeballs last week.)
|I often look through microscopes in this position.... |
'Now, students, you have to get into this position to be able to see properly'
I am here to help you work through those stereotypical views you have of teacher's. And to help you understand that these stereotypes are there for a reason. My research was carried out in the pub on Friday after work. My colleagues, of varying disciplines across the school, came up with their own stereotypes... please remember that when reading. And I won't go through EVERY subject, I will bore you if I did.
- Lesbian. If not actually a lesbian, then looking like one... whatever that means. Short hair, small boobs, no make up, short nails, HAIRY LEGS! Erggghhh.
- Big ass. Considering PE teachers should be pretty physically fit, they all seem to have large asses. I don't know how that happens. Maybe if they did their fucking job properly, they would have such a large behind.
- Stroppy. They never have a smile on their face. I don't know why. It's not like they have to mark any work or plan any lessons!
|PE teacher from the TV series |
|2008 Big Brother contestant|
trainee PE teacher.