Monday 22 August 2011

World News at it's best!

So whilst Libya's regime falls apart, Syria's death toll rises, Mr Strauss-Khan disputes the credibility of a hotel maid and ENGLAND (yes, England) become the BEST cricket team IN THE WORLD (Oh yeah), I reckon the best piece of World News (apart from England being the best cricket team in the world) is that New Zealand are making Star Wars coins.

How cool is that!!!

One day, some bloke in charge of money and stuff in New Zealand (and let's face it, I'm sure it would not have been a woman), just woke up and thought, 'I know, lets make Stars Wars money....'  and then all the other executive type people all thought, 'brilliant, lets do it!'

If only life was this simple ALL the time! Maybe Star Wars money will help solve all the economy problems across the world.

I'm pretty sure Greece and Italy would love it.

Imagine if the coins had magical powers.... oooohhhh....

'You don't need to see his identification... these aren't the scumbag rioters you're looking for... he can go about his business... move along', would have gone down brilliantly with the police a few weeks ago in Tottenham and Croydon.



3 comments:

  1. I love your top stories of the day, especially that Star Wars Coins hold court next to the overthrow of government tyranny, cricket, and gross abuse of power. Unfortunately the maker-of these coins will have to use his entire stash to bribe George Lucas into not sending a cadre of Storm Troopers to obliterate him like he does all non-Lucas-approved merchandisers. Get 'em while they last. (And as an aside, thanks for the comment, I actually do find the sciences really great, and I'm glad to hear knowledge actually gets respect in some places.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. sigh, its a shame how India Team played :( Anyhow, congrats to you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Pickleope... I really am that shallow. I allow my love of Star Wars to blur all world crisis so they fade into the background.
    'Help me Obi-Wan Kenobi. You're my only hope...'

    @Chintan... I am sorry that India got well and truly thrashed..... NOT REALLY!!! haha!
    It's not often that I can celebrate England winning at any sport... let alone cricket!
    Thanks for being a good sport about it though! I'm pretty sure it won't be long before you are celebrating and I am holding my tail bewteen my legs.

    ReplyDelete